Friday, January 05, 2007

Loco Mocos 2006


Well friends, as this snowy January day puts me into a mood of boredom and retrospect, instead of telling you about my glorious holiday travel debacle (I have photos) I will now relate to you, dear readers, Cassie’s Best and Worst of 2006 including some highlights:



Highlights of 2006: My brother came to visit, I moved, my 10 year high school reunion, MS150, my dad paid off my debt, Got a new Tattoo

Best Movie: Little Miss Sunshine
Worst Movie: Stay Alive
Best TV Episode: Finally saw the finale of Six Feet Under - i cried
Worst TV Episode: Season 5 finale of Smallville - drop Lana Lang already!!!
Best Album I Bought: Madonna – Confessions on a Dancefloor (great to bike to)
Worst Album I Bought: Local Shakedown (local bands compilation – snoresville)
Best Book I read: Mists of Avalon
Best Book I started to read but haven’t finished: Lolita
Worst Book I read: Wi’tch Series
Worst Book I started and flung into the sea: Sword of Shanara (no more fantasy novels after this)
Best Book I bought but haven’t started yet: Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies
Best Moment: Crossing the finish line at the MS150
Worst Moment: My dad sent out a picture of his broken nose
Best Restaurant: Casablanca (Morrocan food is AWESOME)
Worst Restaurant: Random diner in New Jersey with my dad (cockroaches, dood)
Best Loco Mocos Post: And Now for Something Completely Different
Worst Loco Mocos Post: The months of Nov-Dec have been quite boring
Number of Rants: 9
Number of Hungover, Bar or Alcohol related posts: 12
My Favorite Posts of 2006:
Time Space Continuum, No Time To Post, Looking Within, I live Therefore I Rant, Ode to Boston Market, Huzzah, Class Reunion, My Car, Jeff Allen, New Art Wing, Krull

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

` Whoa! Guns, Germs and Steel is awesome! I have lots of good books like that which I have not read, myself - about fifty.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! What did your debacle involve?

Ditto on the finale of "Six Feet Under." I just can't enjoy the watered down episodes on Bravo now.

~Jade

Anonymous said...

Very nice post Cas.

Ted said...

Happy New Year!!

I read Lolita this year... tough to budge, but once you get going, it's excellent.