Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Get Rich Now! Ask Me How!!!

No! Seriously!!!

So my sweetie works for a graphic design firm that makes t-shirts. they sell t-shirts all over the place, but mainly to Target. Over the weekend, we took a trip up there (to buy me a filing box so i could organize my bills - many of you know my phone got turned off last week due to bill neglagence) - and he showed me all their shirts and logos at the bottom of them! How cool is that! and they were all pretty lame, old cliches that would've been cool on a shirt 4 years ago. But apparently to high schoolers, they are awesome. Go into the mens section and take a look at all the logo shirts. Although it's pretty impressive that Target is finally getting these shirts, whereas before you had to buy them at your local head shop.
Hemingway, my crew and I (namely Ed, Paul, and Rhiannon) have been jotting down ideas for t-shirts for over a year. I found a website where we could make them and sell them - but we decided to be lazy. So i asked my sweetie what if his company (made up of a bunch of guys who wear flip flops to work) accepted ideas for shirts. He told me that the company would accept ideas, and then pay (something like $.10 per shirt or something - i can't remember) if they sold your logo.

But here's the catch. They only look for certain shirts at certain times.
For instance:
Now they are looking for t-shirt logos for girls between the ages of 7-21. Here is an example:


I Invented Cute.

That is so lame.

We could do SOOOOOOO much better!!!!

I mean, they have shirts that say, "Don't talk to me, you're stupid"
When they SHOULD put out a t-shirt of Ralphie from A Christmas Story in line for Santa saying, "Don't talk to me, I'm thinking" - when that kid tries to talk to him about the Wizard of Oz!!!

C'mon People!!!
So i have decided to periodically ask for help for t-shirt ideas! If we sell and idea, and someone like Target buys 10,000 shirts, think of the nice vacation we could all have together!!!!

SO: Girls T-Shirts ages 7-21.
Any ideas?

3 comments:

Denny said...

This is hareder than it sounds though. People eat that "dont look at me your stupid" shit up, and most poeple that buy some of those shirts might not get much deeper humor thats g-rated for stores. I have a kazillion x-rated ones though.

Spoony Quine said...

` You know what's funny? Adult clothing gets in style... even sexy animal-print stuff. Then high schoolers, then junior high, then elementary school. It's like, 'Yes, honey, you're very sexy'.
` I've been stuffing school pictures into envelopes, and Edgewalker was telling be about this. You know what's funny? There are shirts you can buy in malls that look like they're really old and have brand names and whatever on them, though, he has lots of old, thrift-store shirts with weird stuff like that, and people ask him; "What mall did you get that from?"
` Great. Now he looks like he shops at *MALLS*. Not his thing.

` Wait, what was this all about? I'm off to see the wizard... the wonderful wizard of ID ohmygosh...

locomocos said...

S E E quine-
i can't post on your blog! i think your scary spider blog, informative and poignant as it is, seems to not allow me to comment!
boo!

it's probably because of all the scary pictures! yikes!
i can't help it! The only class i ever got an 'A' in college was Entomology - and i'm completely entomophobic!!!!