Friday, July 01, 2005

i heart beck

I heart Beck. I just do. i'm sure everyone agrees with me that he is completely awesome. His new album is growing on me at an alarming rate. Too bad the CD got stolen when Josh took in his laptop for service, and it was returned WITHOUT my Beck CD. Jerks. Why didn't they just copy it if they wanted it so bad?



I think Sea Changes was one of the best albums ever. it's right up there with the Joshua Tree. of course, i have about 20 favorite albums, but i think Sea Changes is in my top 5.

How i judge my favorite albums is the amount of time they spent in my tape deck. The best ones had been in there for at LEAST six months straight.

Bestest Albums:
5. Bloodletting - Concrete Blonde
4. The Joshua Tree - U2
3. The Final Battle - Graham Smith
2. Sea Changes - Beck
1. Garden State - The motion picture soundtrack

Now these aren't necessarily in order. And actually, they could change at any time. I almost added The Postal Service, but i lost my cd after owning it for only 2 months. it was in there the whole time, but i never replaced it. So these few made the cut.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

I might have to sue over copyright infringement. I was clearly the originator of the top 5 list. You will have to make yours a top 6 or top 4 list. I am flattered by your attempt at imitation.

Sea change is a good album, but I don't think it's as good as guero.

I had some mexican lady call me guero the other day at work. I was temped to respond with mojado, but I held my tongue.

jason said...

I prefer Midnight Vultures, but Guero is quickly becoming the favorite Beck album. I'll have to revisit Midnight Vultures to compare, it's been awhile. Some of the tracks on Guero are rather blah, but the ones that rock, really rock. Also, what's a mojado? Old lady?

Aaron said...

I think it means wetback. Cas told me that the word is wejado, so I have conflicting reports. I should just call that old mexican lady a wetback.