Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Yes, Yes, and …. Gasp…. YES!!!
Are you experiencing job burnout?
• Do work activities you once found enjoyable now feel like drudgery?
• Have you become more cynical or bitter about your job, your boss or the company?
• Are non-work relationships (marital, family, friendships) affected by your feelings about work?
Do you find yourself:
• dreading going to work in the morning?
• easily annoyed or irritated by your co-workers?
• envious of individuals who are happy in their work?
• caring less now than you used to about doing a "good job" at work?
• regularly experiencing fatigue and low energy levels at your job?
• easily bored with your job?
• depressed on Sunday afternoons thinking about Monday and the coming week?
If you answered yes to five or more of the above, you may be suffering from
Holy Crap. Did anyone ever think they would actually get burned out after only 5 years out of college?
Well friends – after taking this quiz and speaking to my personal psychiatrist (my mom) I have deducted that I AM burned out.
I then asked myself – if I could have any job in the whole world, what would it be?
I’ve thought LONG and HARD on this one. And I have come the conclusion of 2 jobs:
1. Taster at Dreyers
Any suggestions for my current state of mind? Short term solutions for my sanity? ANYTHING!!!!!