Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Well - I've Moved!
Yes Friends! I have moved! i will post pictures of my new abode, as soon a Josh takes some.
So Josh and I finally decided to bite the bullet, and rent a house. No more apartments for US!!! We are movin' on up (or more like - over) to the Cherry Creek area. We have officially left Capitol Hill (thank GAWD). Our cute little house is located on 4th and Ogden, which is right near a park, a deli, and a Safeway. Our neighbor came over on the weekend (we were at the apartment cleaning) to introduce herself, and bring us lemon squares! (which weren't very good - but i ate them anyway).
My new surroundings are strange and unusual.
Here is how i've noticed we are out of Capitol Hill:
1. Everyone owns not only a dog, but a boxer.
2. It is really quiet except when an 'urban' mom drives her SUV down the street at 90 mph (i think she is late taking her kid to soccer practice)
3. We actually have 'trash day' (i haven't had one of those since living in suburbia in MO)
4. The deli behind us serves sandwiches for $8.00 and bagels for $3.50. WOW.
5. The local liquor store closes at 10 pm, and there are no hobos standing around waiting to take a swig
6. Everyone looks clean
7. The grocery store is actually used for grocery shopping, instead of socializing (unlike Queen Soopers)
8. No one drives around and around the park wearing pink mesh shirts and daisy dukes, while their balls fall out of the bottom.
9. I have yet to see someone walk down the street and pee in some random bushes
10. For the first time in my life, i have felt compelled to purchase avocados.
Well, there you have it. I will continue to add to my list of differences as i experience them. i will just somehow have to get used to this strange new 'world' of living south of sixth, and west of Cherry Creek.