Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Vintage Christmas Cabinet


 My cabinet is one of my favorite pieces to decorate.  I take out a bunch of stuff so I can make room for joy.

My cabinet usually holds my Pyrex pieces, vintage mixers, Portuguese cabbage dishes, my grandmother's china, and my Friendly Village collection from Aunt Geri.  

The top of the cabinet has my vintage Indiana Glass 12 Days of Christmas drink glasses circa 1970.  I picked this set up at the thrift store for around $1 per glass.  Who knew it was selling on Ebay for $50??? NIC shipping!  There is a very cute vintage drink plate from the state of Minnesota they like to sit in which is covered in pine cones.  

In the center is my Fiestaware drink pitcher and pie plate.  Next to them on the right are some of my clover avocado green Pyrex.  Sitting in front is a vintage angel my grandma used to use in her nativity.  I'm sure she got the set at a junk store.  I picked up three of the ceramic Santa cups at the flea market this year for $5.00.  

On the next shelf are more Pyrex, and my Tom and Jerry's bowl with cups.  I got the Tom and Jerry's at a Brass Armadillo for $20, and all the Pyrex has been picked from the thrift over the years.  The choir boys I got from the flea, and the Shiny Bright music box angels were purchased at a thrift store for $5 each.  Along with the plastic greenery, I also found the Friendly Village salt and pepper shakers at the thrift on half price day.




The next shelf contains my collection of Friendly Village dishes.  My Aunt Geri gave me her dishes one year, and then I struck it gold at the thrift store one morning.  Someone had donated an entire set!  I was able to purchase some salad plates, serving plates, as well as the cream and sugar set.  I also have one big bowl and the above mentioned salt and pepper shakers.  I was ecstatic!  

I got the pedestal as a gift from my family's Christmas party.  They like to give surprise gifts from a fictional Croatian woman named "Julia".  I never found out who gave it to me, but I loved it.  The pie plate was purchased from Wal-Mart after Christmas.  They are both Pioneer Woman's line.  The tree plate is Fiestaware, and I bought it with a gift card from my mother-in-law from Wayfair.  In the center is a glass cloche with a Christmas scene inside, which I got for free from the annual clearance tent sale at Nell Hill's in Kansas City.  I got there at the time when "Everything must go! Free!".  It's a little damaged, but nothing a little hot glue cant fix!  The Rudolph mug is from my mom which she purchased from Pottery Barn.  She also bought me the reproduction candy cane girls from The Vermont Country Store.  They own my heart.  You can see more plastic greenery and the angel from my grandma.




The next shelf contains my grandma's Platinum Starburst china which my dad gave me a couple years ago.  I love it, but does anyone need ten tea cups and saucers?  This shelf is a little bit of a mish-mash, as it has some random glassware, flea market choir girls, a mini red santa mug, and one of my favorite silk Santa ornaments! I got a bag of plastic apples at the thrift, and went a little crazy with the plastic greenery, too.  The buffet stand was found at the thrift separate from the china, but I think it works with the soup tureen.  



And last but not least, my vintage mixers given to me by Anthony's Uncle Mike.  He like to tinker with old appliances, and he restored both of these.  I actually use the white Kitchen Aid every so often.  I was able to purchase the Christmas Carols book of my youth on Ebay, and my friend, Katherine found the mini angel ornaments at a shop last year.  Silk ornaments and apples decorate this lowest shelf, so as to bring some color and you eye downward.



Well, that's my cabinet.  I try to change it up every year, so we'll see what it's like in 2021!

No comments: