Friday, January 29, 2021

Just a smidge of Christmas 2020

 Vintage Christmas is an obsession.  I watch YouTubes all season to see what other people have found.  I drool over these videos, and LOVE when the thrift stores start putting out Christmas. It IS a fine line, and I am VERY picky.  Many people try to purchase items for me, and they either over joy my heart, or never see their items displayed.  

That being said, I thought I'd share some lovelies from Christmas 2020.



My dining room has a fabulous foil tree found at The Fairgrounds flea in Nashville, TN, with my dad.  That place was AMAZING.  Got blow molds?  That place had it ALL.  It is on a pedestal from Hobby Lobby, and surrounded by cardboard present garland I thrifted.  The vintage elf salt and pepper shakers were a gift from mom, and the surrounding felt ornaments were from my childhood - except for this mouse which was newly thrifted in 2020.  So cute.



My bar is set with my drink caddy and reindeer glassware.  I have a full set of tumblers as well, but there are just too many to set out.  My lighted ceramic tree is from a thrift store in Brevard, NC which I purchased for $30.  It was pricey, but BIG.  The tin tray is from the thrift just this year for $1.50.  It has a wonderful image of St. Nicholas which I put out for his day on December 6th!  My book shelves have wooden pictures and my cute snowman from Hobby Lobby for 66% off.  These were from their retro collection a few years back.  I found the blow mold snowman at the flea this year for $3, and my mom just gave me the 10" santa blow mold for Christmas this year.




I am always looking for cute plastic greenery, and as you can see, I put it all over the house.  I especially like the kind with added interest like fruit, nuts, presents, and Christmas items.  The seal in the middle of the wreath is especially fun, as when you hang him, he is balancing a ball on his nose.  You can see some of my Christmas thermoses on the shelf next to the wreath with a little bendy elf from Hobby Lobby.  On the front door are some cute crocheted wall hangings someone's grandmother made out of yarn.  I loved them from the ARC for $2.00 each.  At the bottom of the front door is a fabulous rug I found in July at the thrift for only $4.00.  I'm sad I didn't get a better picture before I put it away for the year.  


Last but not least is my bathroom.  I found this shower curtain this year at the thrift for $5.00, and the rug is from World Market.  I have a jar of beaded garland from Wal-Mart, and the little picture over the loo are from Target Dollar Spot. The metal pictures are from Hobby Lobby and the little Sultan soap holder was from a thrift store I found years ago.   He stays out all year!

No comments: