Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Reverend Mother Cassie D

Hello my children, my flock.

Yes it is I, Reverend Cassie. Does something trouble you, my child? Let us explore the mysteries of creation together. Think of me and my wisdom as - a guide.

I received this email yesterday:

> This notice hereby confirms that
>
> Cassie D********
> 12345 My Street Apt #123
>
> Denver
> CO
> 8000*> USA
>
> is an ordained member of the clergy of
> The Church of Spiritual Humanism
> Date of Ordination: April 26, 2005
> Ordained by R. A. Zorger, President
>
www.SpiritualHumanism.org

Of course i had to delete some important information in this email, but basically - i can marry people now. It was free, legal, and fast. Pretty cool, eh?

So i've decided to go into business for myself, doing dog and cat weddings, funerals, christenings, etc. I mean think about it. Think about all the weirdos out there that want their pets to get married, or stuffed by a taxedermist for life!!! What about EMBALMED! I don't think holding a commitment ceremony for these creatures is too bizarre.
I mean, people that live in those alternate realities often spend a good deal of money on the ridiculous - aka Reverend Cassie.

My mom thinks an old church choir robe should do the trick.
She also thinks i should advertise that i can do Star Trek weddings, since i have a uniform. I told her that might be too difficult. What if they wanted me to perform the ceremony in Klingon!!
http://www.kli.org/

1 comment:

Aaron said...

How much do you charge for exorcisms?

Can you bless my softball bat?

How many people are in front of you in line to be pope?

Can I confess my sins to you?

Anyway, Congratulations!