Thursday, January 06, 2011

Long Time, No Blog

Well, it's been quite a while since I've been on the blogroll, but as New Year resolutions go, I decided to start blogging again. So - what's new you ask?

I am currently living in Washington D.C. with my boyfriend, Anthony.
We have just gotten a job offer and our visas to teach English in South Korea.
We leave on February 20.
The place we are teaching is just outside Seoul in a suburb called Gyeonggi Namyangju. I'm told it's about an hour ride to the city on the train. They are providing living accommodations as well as a decent salary.
I'll be honest. I'm nervous. I'm teaching kids - ages ranging from kindergarten to junior high. We just got some cds at the library on speaking Korean, but I'm still wondering how I am going to communicate with kids that young - in English ONLY.

If anyone has any suggestions or has taught in Korea, I would love to hear some helpful suggestions on ANYTHING. From teaching English to where to purchase good toilet paper. Any 'Must Bring' items? This is going to be a lot different from Paraguay, so I'm not sure what to expect. I guess that's why it's so exciting!

No comments: