Monday, January 10, 2011

Visa Me Visa You

It is official. I just picked up my visa from the Korean consulate here in DC. I don't know if it's sunk in yet.

Five weeks and counting.
I will be visiting Denver at the end of this month to spend time with Ed and Kurt. I hope we will have lots of fun and I will take lots of good photos.

Other than that, not much to report. I'm a little unsure of what to pack for South Korea. I know my apartment is going to be way chuchi (guarani for hoity toity). I'm really excited not to have to take a shower out of a bucket this time. Also, I believe there is running water, although I'm told I shouldn't drink it.

My mom and I put together some items for my trip. Since I have tattoos and not sure what the cultural opinion is of them, I brought a lot of long sleeves - but no tents like when I was in Paraguay.
Work Clothes
3 pants
1 skirt
6 work shirts
3 cardigans
2 camies
1 dress
2 heels
1 flats

Home Clothes
2 Sweaters
4 long sleeved cotton shirts
4 camies
3 skirts
2 dresses
2 jeans
2 cargo
2 capri jeans
4 short sleeved shirts
tennys
flops
fluffy wooden shoe slippers from Kristin

Too much? It will be for a year, and most likely 2. I'm an 'American Sized' girl, so I've been advised to bring clothing that will fit me. The temp is supposed to be from a high of 85 F to 25 F - so I need to keep my bases covered. I hope when I get there, I can find a good seamstress who will make me any additional clothing.

I need to move onto toiletries and entertainment. This is going to be the tough part. Any advice?

1 comment:

sneakypie9 said...

I like the to do list, especially call mom!