Saturday, February 19, 2011

We Are OUTTIE


We are leaving for South Korea tomorrow.
I am trying to pack everything I own into 2 50lb bags. Anthony has 1 rollie bag, and a backpack...
Wha???

I don't think I'm packing that much, but apparently, 100lbs of clothes, shoes and yoga equipment.

Seriously, I don't know why he packs so little, and I pack so much. It is a delicate subject, but all I can say, is that I'm not getting left in the fashion void for 2 years AGAIN. No PY or Korean spandex for me!!!! I have been reading online that if you are a bigger sized lady, bring all the clothes you might need. I won't get caught drooling over linen button up shirts again. I'm bringing my own. In Paraguay, jersey t-shirt was the national fabric. For me and my ladies, it is not a very forgiving media.

As for tons of clothes, I am also bringing lots of shoes. Although I'm sure to find cute shoes over there, I am very picky. I don't like strappy heels for petite asian bodies. I like Docs and Mary Janes - which aren't quite in style like they once were. As for Ode to PY, I still have my Ipanema zapatias.

When all is said and done, the only thing I didn't bring is toiletries. I have a few items that will last me about a month, but I'm sure I'll be able to brush my teeth and wash my hair just like the locals.

Our phone will be turned off after today. We will arrive in Korea on Monday at 5:40pm local time. Wish us luck.

No comments: