Monday, October 18, 2004

my mom is cool

so, my mom sent me this email.

Do you remember when I told you one of my old hippie friends wrote a song about me called "Mary in the Morning." Well now I have been imortalized in a novel. Another old hippie friend wrote a "historical novel" called "The Psychedelic Symphony," by James Marinovich. On page 3 I am introduced:

Where did she come from?
She had long curly light brown hair that fell in bristles rather than waves.
A cascade of hair that, in its radical frizziness might have well have jolted the vanity of a young woman from some earlier era. But in the summer of 1968, with Janis Joplin a figurehead of the earthy chic, she appeared eminently fashionable.
In any event, she had never been vain - the self confidence she exuded was not self-absorption; she simply liked life and she liked herself, and it showed, that's all.


My mom is so cool. She didn't send me the part where he mentions her name, although she says he didn't change it to hide her identity. This leads me to believe that maybe there's some secret stuff she doesn't want me to know about...historical novel my butt!!!
And when the hell did someone write a song about you? Who are you? I want my mom back! Not some hippie goddess that boys were falling over! GROSS!!!!
(she's still pretty cool, even if it forces me to realize that my mom was alive before she met my dad!)


No comments: